WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small text files that most websites (and e-mail messages, online services, advertising and interactive applications) download to users’ devices (computer, mobile device, etc.) when they visit a certain website, and usually contain:
- name of the server from which the cookie was sent;
- lifetime of the cookie;
- value – ordinary unique randomly generated number.
On each subsequent visit, the website will obtain information about the loaded cookie and recognize the user’s device.
The cookie itself does not contain and does not collect information that would enable the identification of an individual, but if users provide this information to the website themselves, for example by registering, this information can be linked to the information stored in the cookie. If the server reads the cookie together with the web browser, it can help the website provide a more user-friendly service. Only the server that sent the cookie can read and use this cookie.
WHY ARE COOKIES NECESSARY?
Cookies are important for the operation of websites and are fundamental for providing user-friendly online services that improve the user experience.
- for a better user experience of the website – to adjust the display of content based on visitors past visits;
- to save choices when creating a shortlist of devices and offers and their comparison;
- to recognize the user’s device (computer, tablet, mobile device), which enables the content display to be adapted to the user’s device;
- to collect various statistics on the habits of the web user – only by doing this can the frequency of visits to a certain website be monitored;
- to monitor the visits, which enables the detection and correction of errors, the verification of the effectiveness of the display of content and the relevance of advertisements, and the continuous improvement of websites;
- cookies are necessary for the operation of certain services (e.g. various forms of e-business…).
TYPES OF COOKIES ON THE WEBSITE
The website may use the following types of cookies on its web pages:
- Session cookies: these are temporary cookies that are stored in the user’s browser until the end of their visit to the website (for the duration of the browsing session and are deleted at the end of the session). These cookies are required for the proper functioning of certain applications or functionality on websites.
- Persistent cookies: persistent cookies can be used to improve the user experience. These cookies remain in the user’s browser for a longer time before they are deleted. This time depends on the choice that the user makes in their browser settings. Persistent cookies allow information to be transferred to a web server each time someone visits a website. Persistent cookies are also known as tracking cookies.
- 1st party cookies: they come from the website the user is viewing and can be permanent or temporary. Websites use these cookies to store information that will be used again, the next time the user visits the site.
- 3rd party cookies: originate from other, partner, websites (which, for example, measure traffic). Third parties can thereby collect user data from various websites and use it for various purposes, from advertising and analytics to improving their products.
THIRD PARTY COOKIES
TRACKING AND ANALYSIS
At the collection stage, cookies store information about how users use the website, including the number of pages viewed, where the user comes from (geographical location), time of visit and number of visits, in order to improve the website and ensure a good user experience.
Cookies collect the following information about website visitors:
- information about the device (type, brand and model);
- information about the operating system (type and version);
- information about the web browser (type and version);
- information about screen settings (e.g. resolution);
- information about language settings;
- information about the pages that have been viewed.
LIST OF COOKIES
|Cookie||Purpose of use||Duration||Company||Forwarding to third parties||User consent|
|_ga||It is used to differentiate users.||2 years||Google Analytics||Google Inc., the cookie is anonymized||YES|
|_gid||It is used to differentiate users.||24 hours||Google Analytics||Google Inc., the cookie is anonymized||YES|
|_got||It is used to limit the speed of the request.||1 minute||Google Analytics||Google Inc., the cookie is anonymized||YES|
|AMP_TOKEN||Specifies a traffic source or advertising campaign.||30 seconds to a year||Google Analytics||Google Inc., the cookie is anonymized||YES|
|_gac_||Specifies a traffic source or advertising campaign.||1 year||Google Analytics, Adwords||Google Inc., the cookie is anonymized||YES|
|pum-||These cookies are important for the functioning of the website.||up to 1 month||Profilplast d.o.o.||No||No|
|PHPSESSID||Identifier of the user’s session.||For the duration of the session||Profilplast d.o.o.||No||No|
|USER_SESSION_GUID||Identifier of the user’s session.||For the duration of the session||Profilplast d.o.o.||No||No|
|KEYCLOAK_LOCALE||Preffered display language.||For the duration of the session||For the duration of the session||No||No|
|AUTH_SESSION_ID||Authentication session identifier.||For the duration of the session||For the duration of the session||No||No|
If you have previously given your consent for cookies and later changed your mind and excluded the receipt of cookies in your browser, your visit to the website will be understood as a first visit. In this case, you will receive a cookie notification again.